Sunday 6 October 2013

Beginning the Journey




                   

          


I have always loved writing. 
It is the creation of art, the  flow of expression, the journey, the insights into one's soul. So as I embark on my new journey, I have decided to write once again - 
the perfect accompaniment to my travels.  






Recently, I engaged in a task from Patti Digh's 37days.com


Your memory is going to be erased in 5 minutes. You have that amount of time to write down everything you need or want to remember.

So what did I write?

I began, as many people would, with family. Husband and children's names, dates of births, pivotal details. I then moved onto my sisters and wrote about the beautiful connection we share: kindered spirits. I wrote about my brother, his rough exterior and warm heart. Then I moved onto my parents, beautiful people who have always given of their best, in every situation. My mother-in-law, so generous in spirit. My father-in-law, now deceased, who loved his family and sought out the fun in life. I wrote about the animals with which we share our lives. 

I wrote about myself. I wrote about my love of writing, reading, yoga and children.  I am a sucker for babies of any kind, especially my beautiful niece.  I am passionate about working with children who have special needs. I recently spent 15 months working at The Glenleighden School, and have learnt so much. I spent 12 years of my life teaching at Villanova College and I don't catch up with past colleagues nearly as much as I would like.   I love watching my kids play sport. I want to grow a garden :) I teach, yet I love to learn. I love sitting on my deck, looking at our palm trees, enjoying a glass of red wine. I have friends. I have family. Finally, I wrote about the life I want to create. I told myself to take more risks in life, to go to the beach more often, to play games and have fun. 

Then my 5 minutes was over.

I pondered over the next part of the activity:


Did you look to others to define your life by writing down names and phone numbers of people who could remind you of who you are? Did you write your life as it now is, even with all the things you don't like about it - or did you describe it as you'd like it to be? 

I realised I wrote about the parts of my life I love and the parts I am yet to create. As I begin my new journey with Tree of Mind, I have taken a huge leap into the unknown. I have moved into a place of trust: trust in myself and trust in what the universe provides. Taking risks can be challenging, it places us into vulnerability - a very uncomfortable place to be. But then we learn. And then we grow.


                                             xx Tracey xx






2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful post, Tracey! I wish you every success in your new venture.

    P.S. - Patti Digh is such an inspiration. I'd highly recommend her book titled, "Life is a Verb" if you don't already have it. :)

    Love,
    Serena xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful, insightful and inspiring post Trace! x

    ReplyDelete